Therapeutic Qigong & Tai Chi
Actualize the Healer Within
Kevin P Merrigan is director of Therapeutic Tai Chi & Qigong, a company in Orlando Florida dedicated to offering all the wellness benefits both Tai Chi & Qigong have to the public.
Qigong (pronounced chee gong) is the practice of energy cultivation and is one of the four branches of Traditional Chinese Medicine: Acupuncture, Herbology, Massage and Qigong. Tai Chi is the practice of creating balance and harmony. Both Qigong and Tai Chi are ancient Chinese exercises that optimize your health, vitality and longevity.
"The most profound medicine is produced in the human body for free"
- Roger Jahnke, OMD (Oriental Medical Doctor)
"All the necessary biological components of self-healing have existed for thousands of years. Both ancient and contemporary philosophers have pointed to it. Science has now confirmed it. The most profound healer is within us -- we produce our own internal medicine. It is easy to turn this medicine on, and it is absolutely free. When people learn about the healer within, and then take action to care for their own physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual health, they are transformed".
- The Healer Within: Using Traditional Chinese Techniques To Release Your Body's Own Mediciine, Movement, Message, Mediation, Breathing by Roger Jahnke OMD
Although Qigong was not known to most people - it was kept secret by the Chinese ruling class - today it enjoys wide popularity. One hundred million Chinese practice Qigong and a abbreviated form of Tai Chi in China. This self-care/healthcare is now making its way to the US and other western countries with great popularity and promise for our health and longevity. Qigong promotes health and longevity for many reason that will be addressed under the "Health Reward" page of this website for the following reason: It is a excise like no other.
Qigong & Tai Chi includes 4 components:
Breath Practice - Mindful Movements - Self-Applied Massage - Meditation
- Breath Practice: includes slow deep rhythmical breathing augmenting lung capacity and thereby increasing oxygen to the blood and body.
- Mindful Movements: stretch and strengthen not only the musculoskeletal system but created the pump to push the lymph system throughout the body
- Self-Applied Massage: stimulation of the hands, legs, feet, and scalp stimulate acupuncture points designed to increase vitality to organs, immune system and energy flow.
- Meditation: relaxes the mind/body creating nurturing biological processes.